Sunday, August 30, 2009

Great Neighbors

Our AWESOME neighbors and best friends of ours had a picnic on a beautiful Manitoba day. They invited some of our other friends from our old congregation and were kind enough to include us. Great food, great association.

You would think by the looks that we were out in the forest somewhere. However, it was just Joel's trusty portable fire-pit. For all the red necks you will recognize it as an old wash tub. We discussed how you find these-at our near by land fill. Of course, like any good bargain place, you need to check it out on a regular basis or you might miss the good ones.

I tried the marshmellows but my first try ended up in the pit.

Here's Jim and the guys enjoying the buffet.


And this is our little Savannah (Kelly's Niece) and her mom . We got to have our Savannah fix for the last two days. Had lunch and dinner with them Friday and again Saturday. Savannah is such a cutie and wonderful baby. I got to be her very first babysitter when she was newborn and I am the official "Auntie Cheri". I sure don't get to see enough of her and her family.


This is Sandy and Lorne's sister from Michigan. She is really so beautiful and nice and fun! Didn't expect that after knowing Lorne. (tee hee)

The plan was in case of rain, which we have had an abundance of this summer in Manitoba, to use the garage. Well, it wasn't the warmest of days. Some drug out the emergency blankets from their cars.







And Lorne with his trusty camera trying to one up me. His car-parked in the garage all clean and pretty with traffic cones around it to keep people away. I told him I was going to use his car as a table to set my drink on. He told me it would just slide off because the finish is so smooth! I honestly didn't push it knowing Lorne.








And here are the GREAT neighbors. Sandy, my awesome friend. She has had this beautiful garden and gives her needy neighbor the extras yield. I do contribute-I add to the compost and I eat the yield!
And then theres Lorne. What can we say? Some say we have a love-hate relationship. He loves me and I hate him. I really don't. Just like a younger brother to me. We both tend to be very competitive when playing games, so there are some bans. We are not allowed to play Monopoly together.
Sandy and I often talk about how focused Lorne and Jim are when the talk to each other. Intently interested in what the other person has to say-guy talk. We wonder what we need to do to get that focus on ourselves? Typically in Lorne and Jim style, see here how "focused" he is on Sandy! Yep, our typical guys.























































2 comments:

  1. Great pictures and a funny post! I laughed out loud!!

    ~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures! Looks like alot of fun. Wish we could have all been there!

    ~Amy

    ReplyDelete