Sunday, August 16, 2009

Little Things

I save things. Yes, I save "Sacks", too! Darcie once told me that when Jim and her have to put me into a home, they will have to get rid of my "Sacks". But I am not emotional about my "Sacks", it's just a thrifty thing I do.


However, I do have a tendency to be VERY sentimental. If someone thinks enough of me to give me something I have a very hard time letting go of it. I just think how special it makes me feel that they wanted to give this to me. That is one quality I know I got from my Dad.

For Example:


I have everything from sticky notes, twist ties made into flowers, and flowers from a wedding up here! There is a special "award" for my 1st month of auxilliary pioneering -Kathy made this for me when the goal was 60 hours-way back in the olden days! I even have a picture of Jim when he was a teenager at a dance so that when we get into the new system, I'll recognize him! And many small notes from my grandkids and younger friends.

Tara started a shadow box of things that are "me" such as a tiny Bible, deck of cards, a newspaper and a calculator. Not sure why there is a rolling pin in there because although I do cook, it's sure not my favorite thing. Also tiny things she gets me when she travels. I have many more boxes and files of keepsakes I don't want to let go of.

I am also a crier. My family all wait for the tears to flow when we say, "Hello" or "Good-bye". The "Hello's" I can handle, the "Good-bye's" are a whole other thing. Just like my special things I save, I wish I could be around them to save every moment of their lives in my heart. However, "Good-bye, doesn't have to mean forever" with family in the Truth.



1 comment:

  1. I love all your "little things!" I like things that have a story behind it. However the sack thing.....it's time to let some of them go. (:

    ReplyDelete