Wednesday, December 2, 2009

I DID IT!!

In sign language service, there are many "techy" things you can do. I have my Palm phone that allows me to show videos. There are DVD players, always useful to play the DVD's of the books and the Bible. Then there are laptops. Now they are usually quite large, but the latest thing is a Netbook. Didn't think I needed one until I found out I could get one! (Thank you dear one who helped me!)




Amazing! Small enough to carry anywhere, but capable of down loading all our videos! I just LOVE IT!!!
Of course, if you never have anyone to show it to, it's really not necessary. And, my whole focus in joining a language group was to be able to help the deaf learn the Truth about Jehovah. It has been an enormous challenge!! Several factors...including the age factor.
I maintain that there is just so much stuff up there in my brain that I have a hard time fitting any more in. If I could just delete in my brain as easily as I can on the computer!!! But as is the case even with computers, seems like the WRONG stuff get's deleted!
Anyway, 2 years in, I am getting more comfortable. But I am very intimidated by my abilities. I don't want that "dear in the headlights" look from a deaf person!
I have been going with a dear friend on her study for a couple weeks. Awesome deaf woman who seems to LOVE learning. This dear sister-friend is leaving town for 6 weeks & asked me if I would take care of a study for her"I immediately said "Yes" before I realized what I was commiting to! Afterward, I also realized she is leaving this wonderful student in my hands over the holidays...you know what that means? Explain why we don't celebrate the holidays, but not in English.... in SIGN LANGUAGE???
After a HUGE amount of prayer, I decided I would give it a try. After all, Jehovah can move mountains and all he needs to do with me is move my hands in harmony with my brain, right?
I had my first responsibility today. She willingly let me come to her home. I told her, "I teach Bible 36 years. But teach English! Not sign Language! I learn Sign Language 2 years. If you not understand, think "YOU CRAZY!" Please ask what mean?" Anyway, that is not even ASL lingo, but I had to warn her.
I PASSED THE TEST! She said my signing was GOOD! And, I think she understood me! That is .... if I understood her!
YEAH YIPPEE!!! With Jehovah moving my hands, I just "Might" be able to do this! Only 6 more studies to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment