Thursday, October 8, 2009

Heading toward an Abyss.

Wow am I ever behind in my posts! Well, I have a good excuse, (I think). I have been working lots of extra days because someone is really sick and I'm the only one trained to do her job.
And if people would just stop getting Impaired Driving charges, I wouldn't be in such high demand, you know?
We also had our Circuit Assembly last weekend. And the Pioneer meeting on Friday. Wonderful! To hear it in English for a change was a tremendous treat. I love to see the information in sign language, but.... I still need my English fix now and then. The brother talked about "Peaks and Valley's" of pioneering. Example: A brother goes out in service, has planned 2 good Bible studies, a good lunch, and a good pioneer partner. The 2 studies quit, his RV died, he got in a tiff with his pioneer partner, his car engine light went on and he got home and lost his job. The D.O. said, "That's not a valley, that's an abyss!" So, guess what happened when I got back to my car? Not an abyss, just a flat tire-in the rain. And obviously, I still have my job.


Also, had a demo in sign language at the same time for Jim's part. (He had two parts-tried to support.) Is that enough excuses?
I got one picture, and not a clear one. Then my camera batteries died-even the rechargeable ones. (Jim is at the store right now picking up batteries, I hope.)

Anyway, the girls had a recipe swap party on Monday. Swap food, wine and recipes. What an awesome fun night it was. (Amy, great idea for a party!) If you can believe it, I was the designated driver. Can't you imagine what I would say at work if I was on the OTHER side of the desk with an impaired driving charge?

Some got real pretty about their recipes, and some just printed them out. (Mine are the ones printed on colored paper!) I brought 3 recipes. Mexican Lasagna, Home-made noodles, AND a fun one: Darcie's "What's in the Fridge Pizza". I asked her for recipe's and she told me what she made for dinner. I giggled like crazy when she was telling me and she kept saying, no, really, it was just what was in my Fridge. But it sounded so awesome that I printed it out and brought it anyway.

We are heading to Moose Jaw, Sask. tomorrow until Monday. Jim has Friday and Monday off and I finally have a few days off until I go back to the trenches next week. If I make my service time this month......it will be a MIRACLE!!! (Not an abyss but getting there)

Hope to bring you back a "Moose" picture. I am also hoping NOT to have snow pictures, but they are using that "S" word in the forecast. Guess it's unavoidable, eh?

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you posted! A recipe swap party is a GREAT idea! I love your homemade noodles. Yum. Hope you are having fun in MooseJaw. Maybe some time to relax for a change? Love and hugs to you.
    ~Amy

    ReplyDelete