Sunday, October 25, 2009

Beware! This is NOT pretty! Well, some of is.

We are glad Jim is alive. I mean really! You know how many times I have said that?
I walked in the door Thursday from work to hear, "Spence come here! I'm bleeding all over!" Freaked me out? You bet!
Jim has been trying to build a gazebo type room on our back deck where we can go to hide from the rain and mosquito's. He thought there was this thingy (a technical term too hard to explain 'cuz I really don't know what it was) that he needed to nail on the roof. So, he did what anyone would do, (except for me 'cuz I have a huge fear of heights and I'm not stable on flat ground), and went up the ladder to handle it.
His description was that his foot slipped and it was like he was in slow motion falling down to the deck.
Now, we really don't want to contemplate the BAD stuff that COULD HAVE happened. Like: you had a HAMMER IN YOUR HAND!!! or broken legs-arms-body-concussion-etc-etc.
Anyway, we made a trip to the walk in clinic to get him sewed up. He was a bit sore, but just 3 stitches and he was good to go.
After 3 days now this is what he looks like. (Warning! If you are squeamish, maybe look away.)


I think the lip was to make him look like a pirate growling. No, I did NOT hit him! He really did fall off the roof!
So, I spilled the gory details at the service group on Friday. Brother says to tell Jim NOT to do that again! Why? I need him. AND the congregation is short of brothers and can't afford to loose any! So, he's on the mend, although a lot sore. He says each day he actually feels worse. So, I try to encourage him and say, "Oh, that's a good sign! Means you are healing!"
Now for the "Pretty" stuff. We were privileged to have this family over last Sunday night. He gave the English talk at our hall-interpreted. Long time friends with a new little Shayla. Is she adorable or what?!?!?!



Our goal this week? Is to all stay alive and no stitches! And maybe, hopefully, wishfully finish my service time for the month.
Oh, the roof thingy to be fixed? We offered up Spence to do it. Not that he is dis "Spence" able, but because he is much younger and more agile. In my opinion, at "over" 50 you should NOT be on a roof.


2 comments:

  1. EWWWW!!! Poor Jim. Everything happens to him! Well I hope he isn't in any pain now. I'll have to show the boys his picture. I bet they will think it's pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, so glad it wasn't worse! Hope the mending will be quick. Take care.

    ReplyDelete