Thursday, November 4, 2010

She's up and away.


This is my baby girl. Well, not my babiest, but still one of my babies. She is off to Ecuador.
I remember a lot of steps in her life........
Off to school I watched her the entire way. So tiny!
I watched her learn to ride a bike, both times!
We lived on a farm and she walked to the one room school-past the cows!
I took her to many doctor appointments and hospital tests that she was terrified of.
I watched her go to high school, take the bus alone to gain some independence.
Driving by herself-I always watched the until I couldn't see her anymore.
I watched her pioneer, knowing this kid was petrified of dogs, but loved Jehovah more.
I felt the pain when her engagement broke off, and wanted so bad to heal it for her.
The first time she left for Ecuador I was so nervous! But this was her dream!
She left Denver, flew to San Francisco. Got off the plane and on a train to the consolate to get her visa. Then back on the train to get her plane by 5PM that day. Then off to LA over nite and then to Panama, then to Guayquil. Yep, you bet I was a nervous wreck! I made her call me every step of the way. A long way away from her momma!!
I always watched over her when she was growing up. She is such a tiny thing and I never wanted her hurt or anyone to hurt her. I have watched her go through many trials in her life from the time she was born. Sometimes I wanted her to learn to do things so that she would be more independent.
Now she is off to another adventure. A totally new life awaits her.
I would love to be with her to start this life, to help her with her plans, to watch over her. But I have had to learn to let her go... alone. I so want this to be one of the happiest times of her life and I'm sure it will be.
She is a very strong woman now.
I know she relies heavily on Jehovah, so she is not really alone, ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment