Friday, November 19, 2010

Just the beginning, for sure!

They told us it was going to happen. And it's not like we didn't expect it to, or that we have never experienced such a thing before. But when it happens for the first time in, oh, lets say 5 months, you have this false sense of security, like , maybe it won't snow?

How Naive!

So, we woke up at 5:30 ( as per normal in our household) to this:











Beautiful? For sure! Not a track or a footprint in the snow! So peaceful! I would welcome being snowed in for a few days, not able to go anywhere!
But it has that ominous look, also. I knew we both had to work today, and what that meant. We couldn't sit in our warm snuggly home under a blanket reading a book. NO! We had to venture out into this-in cars!
My hubby's commute was at 6:30 and I asked him to phone me to let me know what it was like. Give me the official warning. His call would usually be , "No worries, not that bad!" But today he said, "Give yourself PLENTY of time!" OH NO! That is really bad news.

I live about 25 minutes from work. Well, that was 75 minutes today! VERY VERY SLOW.
The drive home, the same. Except to add one more thing. Had a flat tire in the snow!

Welcome to Winter in Winterpeg!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment