Monday, May 31, 2010

Here she is!

Here she is! That's my Granddaughter in the middle with her parents.

Isn't she adorable?!?!?

So, she was the reason for our trip to California. Here's the group picture.

I hadn't been to California for about 14 years! Can't honestly remember the last time I was there, but not since I moved to Canada.
And, so you know, some of us got older. I don't know how she went from 5 to 17 so fast! I honestly think the rest of us are all the same age, though, right?

I also got to see these awesome amazing friends! We go back to when our kids were quite a bit younger and stealing all of the teriyaki chicken out of the kitchen. The story goes like this. We had some really good Teriyaki chicken and decided to leave the dish in the kitchen so the adults could be alone in the other room. Well, the 7 kids decided it was time to devour and thus they did, leaving none for the adults.
These friends never change! They will always be the kind of friends that anyone would LOVE to have. I am so greatful they wanted to see me. The responsiblity to keep in touch better now.

And here she is again with her two beautiful aunts!



The trip was AMAZING!
I honestly have to say, you can keep those freeways, though! And those parking lots! A scrape on the side of the rental car put quite a damper on an otherwise AWESOME trip! That and the flood in my basement at home. But I will always remember that I actually got to be there for another big event in her life! The first being her birth!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment