Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Home -What's that?

I have said I have 3 jobs. Unfortunately, I only get paid for one and I seldom have that work to do. The other two jobs are helping the deaf and my homemaker duties. Most days, the last job leaves a lot to be desired! I am seldom home.


A week ago some very wonderful people from the other congregation invited us to dinner after our annual pioneer meeting. They really out-did themselves! Awesome meal-and amazing desert! We all appreciated their hard efforts VERY MUCH!


The right side of this picture are 7 of the 8 of us that pioneer in our congregation. (One missing-wife of the tall guy on the very right). I spend the majority of my time with these people. We try to make our days as enjoyable as possible. And there are stories that connect from one day to the next!




Our spouses were invited to enjoy with us. We felt so warm and appreciated!


So many of my days are spent with the other 7. And, up here you need good boots, mitts, hats AND good coats! I am the "Mother / Grandmother" of the group, so I take the responsiblity to tell them -"Wear you hat, where are your gloves!" And... "That coat will never do, it's not a -40C coat!" So, on the defense two decided to prove their coats were warm, by such comments as, "My coat is so warm that...." Well, I have to give cudos to the best line.


My coat is so warm that I need to apologize to Al Gore for global warming. It's an


"Inconvenient Coat".


Yep that one wins the prize.Align Left



So, with friends like that to be with, you can understand why I am NEVER home and my homemaker skills are taking a huge hit. I might work on it tomorrow. Today was a lazy, study, do laundry day. No pressure!






No comments:

Post a Comment