Tuesday, March 9, 2010

A place for everything.

I am spending my days, keeping busy while my husband is laid up.


Always SO MUCH to organize! I am the ultimate organizer!!! I think even if I had my entire house color coded, labelled and put exactly where it can be found, I could find a new thing to organize. In theory, to organize things you need to think, "A place for everything, and everything in it's place". So, if I were to look for... say the tape, it would be in the part of my house where I keep stationary items. Never sitting out amongst a bunch of newspapers. Or say, the stapler, same thing? I actually have drawers that are catagorized by items-Pencil drawer, pen drawer, drawer for things that hold things together (stapler, tape, glue). I actually do have a misc drawer-for paper clips, rubberbands, etc. Not sure if the rubber bands and paper clips should be in the drawer for things that hold things together.


My hubby is of a different opinion. So, I try to organize for him, probably causing him extreme frustration, I'm sure. He knows where he put his stuff and just because I don't think the restaurant receipt bills, or the TV cords or nails do NOT belong in his sock drawer, does that mean he isn't organized? It's all in your viewpoint I guess.


I think he might have gotten this quality from his Mom. While visiting her in the hospital, we were cleaning up some things at her house. I feel a bit guilty throwing out things of hers while she is in the hospital, however, I honestly do NOT believe that receipts for groceries from 1992 are important to keep. Or old empty mayonaise jars. (Not just one-a whole cupboard full!) Or old kleenex's-the used kind!


When Jim and I got married, I was so afraid to move his things and throw out his "Stuff". But again, I found 2 year old coupons and confidently threw them out. Now, I confidently throw out all kinds of things!. I also confidently throw out the wrappers off of candy. Not without a comment like, "Are you saving this for a reason?"


I maintain that in order for him to continue to need me, though, I need to organize his stuff and he will need to ask me where things are-thus creating a need for my presence!!!


So, while he is recouperating from his foot surgery and laid up in the bed, unable to walk, I can do what I love to do. Organize his stuff! I even bought new file folders to organize the two file cabinets. And I can throw out those old receipts and coupons!!

Shred Shred Shred!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment